Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fun Friends

You always hear stories of crazy bugs and critters in Africa.  Well here are the fun friends I have made so far!  Typically, before I find a fun friend in my house, I first grab my camera to take a picture of it.  Then I use my best friend Mr. Broom to sweep my friend out of the house, or I use my other best friend Mr. Shoe to smash my housemate.  Enjoy!
I'm pretty sure that was some kind of egg sac...

Yup, the lizard is inside my mosquito net...

Scorpion surprise!

I stepped on one of these huge slugs once! So sticky!
But these are the biggest snails I have ever seen!  The shell is like 6 inches long!

A friend in the kitchen. That's Adrienne's hand for a size reference.

Google Golden Orb Weaver!  They eat birds!  This one's torso was
as long as my thumb!  I killed it with a huge rock while my
neighbors watched over the fence.

I'm not even sure what to classify this as...spider/scorpion interbreeding!

Doesn't it make you want to come visit.... :)


1 comment:

  1. I thought you wanted me to come visit. As a microbiologist I am trying to convince myself that the "microbes" in Africa will leave me alone, and now you show me pictures of your friends? Rethinking...

    ReplyDelete