Friday, June 21, 2013

We have 4 walls!

It’s been a drawn out process, as most things in this country are, but I am extremely happy to report that the walls are up and completed on the library!!  The next phase will begin this weekend with work on the zinc roof and plastering over the bricks inside with cement. 


The building is about 7m long, 5m wide (a little narrower than I expected, but oh well) and about 3-4m tall (I have never been very good at estimating sizes, so I’ll get back to you with the real measurements).  Not a super huge structure, but I think, combined with the outdoor patio area, it will still serve its purpose well and there will be enough space for a few bookshelves, a table, and a chalkboard.  We also are getting an official stamp made for the library to label all our books and make things very official. J
Saide - our fearless builder

Saide and his assistant finishing the last wall


Four walls completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment