Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's days like this :)


Thursday, March 8th is International Women’s Day (though apparently an international holiday, I don’t think I have ever heard of this holiday in the US).   In the morning during a stroll through the city, I came across a huge crowd at the town’s stage area watching some performances.  It was a very pleasant surprise and I stayed to watch a couple dance groups, some guys doing martial arts type moves and even make a pyramid standing on each other’s shoulders, and a speech from the Administradora about the importance of the day and celebrating women.  I chatted with a few students trying to find out if we still had classes today, to which they said yes but that they weren’t going because of the holiday. 

After the performance, I wandered around some more and then returned home, soon greeted by Loila, Lucrezia and now a new girl also.  We painted nails for a bit and then had the most fantastic photo shoot (I hope I can load some photos within the next few weeks).  The little girls soon came over to play also, and joined in on the photo shoot.  Simple yes, but it was just one of those small moments where you can sit back and think, this is why I am here, for days like this.

1 comment:

  1. I guess so! What marvelous pictures. I'm getting jealous!

    ReplyDelete